Monday, January 28, 2013

Always wanting more

One thing I hate that I do with the scale, is that I always am left wanting more. This past week, I lost a total of 6.8 pounds and instead of being super excited about that, I was so ticked off this morning because I wanted it to be more. In reality, almost 7 pounds in one week is freaking amazing! I should be so dang excited about that. I am happy, don't get me wrong... I just wanted it to be a bigger number. Ha, to be a girl.

I have to keep reminding myself, its about how I am feeling, its about how my clothes are fitting, its about the amount of energy I have now, its more then that stupid number on the scale. Why do I keep my scale you might wonder... well, that scale is what helps motivate me. I didn't see the number I wanted to see today and so now I am motivated to stay on track with my eating and my workouts. If I see a number I do want to see, I know that all my hard work is paying off so I keep up the hard work and keep pressing forward. Either way, it is motivating me to keep pressing on.

What motivates you? Remember that motivation is what gets you started and habit is what keeps you going... They say (whoever They are) that after 2-3 weeks of doing the same thing, it turns into a habit for you. So just give it 2-3 weeks, heck give it a month. You can do it!



Side note - Casey lost a total of 2.6 pounds this week! I am so proud of that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment