Friday, March 22, 2013

Jean Addiction

Way back in my fat days, I never ever wore jeans. I hated jeans so much... Why you ask? Well because they were tight and I could never find any in my size. Once I lost the weight, I became ADDICTED to wearing jeans. I loved being able to go shopping and find a pair of cute jeans, tried them on and guess what... they fit (and looked cute)! I am now the proud owner of 16 pairs of jeans, 2 pair even still have tags on them!

After my surgery last spring, I wore dresses everywhere. It was easy with my HUGE knee brace and with my depression. Yes, I was depressed. I went from being active and in shape to having to learn to walk again and eating everything in sight. That is a major reason I gained some of my 100 pound loss back, its not an excuse... it just what happened. When the brace finally came off and I was able to wear jeans again, it was summer and well I live in Texas... you don't wear jeans in summer unless you are crazy! The fall came and by then, I had gained so much weight that I only had 2 pair of jeans that would fit me, my fat jeans! It sucked to see all those other jeans in my closet, they were calling my name! I have had a few people tell me to just throw them out or donate them because seeing them each day was making me depressed... little did they know that one day the depression would turn into motivation and determination, I just had to wait for that to kick in!

When I started Insanity 3 weeks ago, I told Casey that I was going to get back into those jeans again by summer. Each week I have pulled down the HUGE pile of jeans and tried some on... today I tried a pair on and guess what, THEY FIT!!!! I was so excited that I woke Casey up at 5:00 A.M. and strutted my stuff all around the bedroom!!!

I still have a long ways to go, but with a mix of running, Insanity and my bible study... I know I have the right tools to help me get back into each and every single one of those jeans (even the ones with tags on them still)!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment