Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Working Out = Being Happy

Have you ever had a CRAPPY day and when you get off work all you want to do is go home, lay on the couch and fall asleep early? I did yesterday. On the way home I thought of every excuse in the book to tell Lo about why I couldn’t make our training session. Something made me go though and let me tell you what, I am glad I did. The workout was a bit rocky (read my last blog if you didn’t already) but I made it through and I am still alive. I got home and took a shower and I felt recharged, full of energy, and the crappy mood I was in just vanished.
There is a study that shows when you work out your body releases endorphins that make you happier then you were before you started the workout. I know this is true because every time after a workout, I am left in a better mood knowing that I can achieve my goal. So the next time you are having a bad day and want to skip your workout just remember laying on the couch will not do you any good, instead pick yourself off, repeat to yourself it isn’t the end of the world and go complete your workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment