Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Guess what zipped...

You should know by now that this Friday is my work Christmas party... evening gowns for the ladies and suits and ties for the guys! Casey and I even have a hotel room at the Omni hotel, where the party is being held! My sweet friend, Mandy, gave me a dress to wear on my cruise back in September. However, it wouldn't zip up all the way. I was bummed out and just wore a dress in my closet. Well, when I got wind about how fancy this party is I was bound and determined to wear this dress. I started 4 weeks ago on a mission to get it to zip up. The zipper goes all the way from the top of my butt to almost the middle of my shoulder blades. I was able to zip it up maybe half way 4 weeks ago. With every passing week, it went up a little bit more. Last week, Casey helped me zip it and it was so close but yet so far away. He told me that I probably would need to go buy a new dress. I still had 1 week and like I said earlier... I was bound and determined!!!

Last night I put the dress on and with the help of Casey, it zipped up all the way! I was so excited... I danced around the house while Caleb and Casey both kept telling me how pretty I looked. I did not want to take it off. I am so proud of myself... I did not measure myself 4 weeks ago, but having that dress zip up last night tells me that I have lost a good amount of inches! I still have some work to do, I know. I have 3 whole days before the party and I am going to eat perfectly and work my booty off. And, every night I am going to put the dress on and wear it while watching TV for a bit so that maybe it will stretch out and not be SO tight. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! I cant wait to wear it into the party with my red high heels... eek!


I am oh so excited! I cant seem to wipe this smile off my face... Oh and something else I cant seem to control, Casey! The past week or so, Casey has paid me more compliments than ever before. He cant seem to take his eyes (and hands) off me. Every time I walk by, he compliments me on my flat my stomach is getting. When I am standing in the kitchen cooking dinner, he comes up behind me and puts his arms around my waist. When I sit on the couch, he makes me scoot all the over to him so he can snuggle with me. I know he loves me no matter what size I am, but the way he has been acting since I have lost the 14 pounds... I am loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment