Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Black Running Shorts

I fit back into my black Nike running shorts!!!!! I have not worn these shorts since before my knee surgery, I am thinking the last time I wore them was this time last year. I didn't wear them for the 1st part of the year because of my knee and I couldn't go to the gym. I didn't wear them the 2nd part of the year because well, they didn't fit. Actually, I lied. I wore them once in July (I think) and they were so tight and I was so embarrassed at the gym and I never wore them again. This morning, I grabbed what I thought were my gray running shorts and put them in my workout bag. When I got to the gym, I realized they were my black ones and fear set in. I wasn't going to let a pair of shorts stop me from working out, so I put them on and much to my surprise... THEY FIT!!! It was a happy moment which called for a happy dance which I did in the locker room (no one else was in there, but knowing me I would have done the dance with 500 hundred people watching)!

I don't know why it took me SO long to really get in a grove that would work, that would give me the results I want, and that would be easy enough for me to continue. I really thought my life without DC3 (diet coke, carbs and cheese) would be super sucky, but really its been the best thing ever! I love not being bloated (except for that glorious week of each month), I love being able to fit into old clothes, I love having my energy level back, I love not getting headaches... I just love this new lifestyle change!

What would you give up to be back into some clothes you haven't worn in a while?!

No comments:

Post a Comment