Sunday, September 15, 2013

Eating Clean on Vaca

I am in the car driving home from a very successful family vacation... Actually besides hanging out with friends in Lubbock, this is our very 1st family vacation! We had a blast at Sea World, walked all over San Antonio site seeing and jumped on the beds in the hotel!! 

Besides the family having fun, I also had a lot of success with my weight loss journey. This was the very 1st vacation I have ever been on that I have stayed on track with eating and my workouts. 

Friday morning I woke up and had a workout outside (the hotel didn't have a gym) with the weights I brought from home. I packed my own foods for the trip and took them with me everywhere we went. I called ahead at Sea World and made sure I could bring my food into the park since its "health" related and it was approved. While my family ate whatever their hearts desired, I sat there and ate my food from home.

I won't lie, it sucked at times but I know it will pay off in the long run. I did enjoy some BLT's (bites, licks and taste) of foods they were eating... Ice cream, praline, pastry from a Mexican bakery, a piece of Caleb's birthday cake... Can you tell how much I love sweets?! I felt great just having a BLT instead of having a whole one to myself. 

The trip is coming to an end as we get closer and closer to home, however it isn't over yet. We still have 4 hours to drive which means lunch on the road and then stopping at West Czech Bakery (it's a Texas road trip must). I am out of my food from home so it's up to my knowledge of what is good and bad, some research for online nutrition facts and good decision making... I can do this! 

Oh and did I mention, we walked about 1000000 miles! Seriously, we just put Caleb in the jogging stroller and took off walking... Then Casey and I went on a date last night and instead of going to a movie and dinner, we decided to rent bikes and ride all over downtown! Man that was a blast!! 

When you set your mind to something, you can achieve anything!! I am ready to jump on that scale tomorrow and whatever that number is, I will be proud of it for sure!! 

Y'all have a happy healthy day! 
XOXO, 
Fit by Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment