Monday, August 4, 2014

21 Day Fix - Day 3

As you know, Casey and I started the 21 day fix over the weekend. I am using it more as a help to restart my weight loss instead of focusing solely on 21 days...

We ate on plan this past weekend and used the little containers for every meal we ate. I felt like we were constantly eating and our plates were always full... that is what happens when you are eating the right foods, you can eat more! Below is a sample of what our menu looked like yesterday.

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 1 whole grain waffle, 1 piece of fruit
Snack - Grapes
Lunch - Salad with spinach leafs, cherry tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, almonds, chicken and dressing with a piece of whole wheat bread
Snack - Grapes & Chicken
Dinner - 2 eggs omelet with spinach leafs, cheery tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, avocado and a whole grain waffle
Bedtime - 2 TBSP Almond Butter

To be honest, we have not done the workouts yet. On Friday, I started my 1st period after my miscarriage and I was in some pain this weekend and did not feel like working out. I have my workout planned for tonight though.

Bump in the road - tomorrow I leave for West Virginia for business and will not return until late Friday afternoon. My meals are going to be off track BUT I am going to take the DVDs and my laptop and do the workouts in my hotel room. While I am gone, I am leaving prepared foods for Casey in the fridge so that he isn't eating out the whole time. He wont have the DVDs but he gets a great workout in with his job as a security guard riding a bike around downtown Fort Worth.

Good news - I weighed on Friday and I weighed again this morning... I am down 2 pounds already! It is 80% eating and 20% working out. I am excited to see what the scale (and my clothes) say when I put both the workouts and the meal plan together.

I plan to post my before and after photos on my 29th birthday (August 22nd).. but I plan to continue the 21 day fix way past that day. It is just such a great program (and I haven't even done the workouts out). I just love the little containers that come with the program, they are worth every penny and I wish I could have a second set. They really help in meal prep!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment