Tuesday, May 12, 2015

10 Reasons I am DONE being Pregnant

 
I watched the movie "What to Except When Expecting" this past weekend and it really hit home. It was not my first time to watch it, but it was my first time to watch it being pregnant.
 
The miscarriage story line really tore me up and I bawled like a baby... even though I knew it was going to happen. My broken heart that has been healing, broke again a little bit. But it also reminded me that God has a plan and without my miscarriage happening, we wouldn't be pregnant with Dax right now.
 
BUT... the story I really related to was the lady who basically hated being pregnant. She kept searching for her pregnancy glow and could never find it. However her mother-in-law was pregnant at the same time and was the poster child for a perfect pregnancy.
 
 
Every time she spoke, I would agree with her and Casey would just laugh because he has heard me say those things before. There is a part where she tells her husband she wants to just punch him in the face, but she loves him.... man I would be rich if I had a $1 for every time I said something along those lines to Case.
 
There are a couple parts in the movie where she list different things in pregnancy that are currently happening to her and it got me to thinking... pregnancy isn't always fun! You don't always glow, sometimes the glow is holding the baby in your arms when it is all said and done. Pregnancy isn't always a beautiful experience, some women actually hate it (but love the outcome). We all understand that there are women who cant get pregnant and trust me, we wish that we could snap our fingers and make you pregnant, but we can't. Us pretending to love being pregnant isn't going to help anyone around us... and trust me, it will just make us that much more emotional and hormonal.
 
My name is Jordan and I am NOT a fan of being pregnant... but I love the outcome!!!
 
 
Here are my 10 reasons I am DONE being pregnant:
 
1. Dax loves to kick my ribs out of place... I go see a chiropractor and have relief for about 1-2 days and then KICK KICK KICK and they are popped back out. I swear he thinks it is a game!
 
2. I want to bend down and pick something off the floor without feeling like I am going to pass out from not being able to breathe. Heck last night taking the laundry out of the dryer was a chore, thank goodness Caleb is a big boy and able to help out.
 
3. I miss my clothes. Shallow, yes... but it is the truth! I am tired of maternity panties and really wish I could fit back into my Victoria Secret bra again. Oh and I miss all of my spring/summer dresses and my shorts!!!!
 
4. Getting off the floor is a workout for me. Seriously, this is worse than bending over to pick crap up off the floor. Picking myself off the floor/bed/couch... it is a sight for sure!
 
5. TMI - I miss "one on one" time with my husband. It isn't very comfortable and isn't very "pretty" at 8 1/2 months along... trust me! And that is when I am in the mood, which I am never in the mood because sleep sounds so much better.
 
6. Sleeping... don't get me started. I wish I could sleep a full nights sleep again. I wish I could sleep without having to get up to pee. I wish I could sleep without the house being set on 65. I wish I could just sleep!!
 
7. Charlie Horses!!! Okay, #4 goes out the window when I have a Charlie horse. Seriously, I stand up faster than a ninja when I have a Charlie horse. I eat my bananas daily but sometimes that doesn't even matter.
 
8. Peeing my pants when I sneeze, laugh, cough, look at something the wrong way... hell I am always peeing my pants... so much I bought some panty liners.
 
9. Hello bad gas... go ahead and just blame Dax, because that is what I do. The other day I tooted in my office and it smelled so bad, as I reached for the spray, my boss walked in. I don't remember much of what he said because I was too busy praying he didn't smell the bomb that just went off.
 
10. Last but not least, I am SICK of people asking me how much longer, asking if I am having twins, asking if I am about to pop, asking if I got my due date wrong, telling me I wont go full term... etc. Seriously people! I have around 5 more weeks, I am having one baby, my due date is correct and you are right, I wont go full term because I am planning an induction in my 39th week. Stop being rude!
 
*Sorry if my blog today upsets anyone, that is not my intentions at all. This photo says it all though...*
 
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment