Wednesday, May 13, 2015

#BlanketForDax

Well, the blanket is FINALLY finished!!!
 
If you don't know the back story to the blanket, you can read the blog entry here!
 
Before I show you all the blanket I wanted to share some of my thoughts about the whole process. I have to admit, I loved going home each day to check my mail and find fabric packages from friends and family. It was one of the highlights of my day. I even banned Casey and Caleb from checking the mail because I enjoyed it so much. Y'all, its the little things in life! There were days I wouldn't receive anything and then there were days I would have 3 or 4 packages. It was like Christmas morning for me. Haha!
 
I loved reading each card, letter, note, etc. explaining why they chose the fabric they did. It was so heartwarming to have those kind loving words flow off the page. To know that a loved one sat down and took the time to write me a love note after taking time out of their busy life to go to the store and pick out a fabric that reminded them of me. I am not one who likes to inconvenience people and so I was a bit hesitant to do the blanket at first but I am so happy I followed through with it. It really showed me that when people love you, they will make you a priority no matter what.
 
Then the icing on the cake... it started with my newest friend from Georgia... I opened the mail one day and there was a package from GA. I was confused. I only sent the "invite" out to my friends and family... but here is a package of fabric from GA. As I read the card, tears filled my eyes. My newest friend wanted to be a part of the blanket even though 1. I didn't send her an "invite" and 2. We have never met. It was so surreal... Then it happened again, and again, and again... Fabric started coming in from people I have met through my fitness journey, Instagram, Facebook, blogging, etc. So many people wanted to be a part of this blanket for my unborn child. My heart melted!!!
 
Then it was time to start putting the blanket together. To be honest, I didn't know what the final product would end up looking like. I kind of just winged it and prayed a lot over each piece of fabric as I started to sew. It started to take shape and even though I still couldn't see the final product (which is not like me at all) I trusted God and knew that it would come together perfectly. I mean, it had to because it was being made out of love from fabric that loved ones sent me. The back of the blanket was kind of a chore for me because I didn't have enough fabric to repeat the pattern on back so I decided to go with a green piece someone sent me, but didn't have enough so I mixed it with an elephant print that was the same softness. After finishing, another (internet) friend blessed me with 2 more pieces of fabric so I decided to make ties out of them and sew them onto the front of the blanket (look closely and you can see them).
 
The blanket is DONE.... well just missing one thing, Mr. Dax Marshall Flowers!!!
 
The Front
 
The Back
 
We have prayed over this blanket, over each piece of fabric, over the process of making it, over the sewing machine while I was sewing, over the final blanket... and we are so excited in a few weeks to literally wrap our bundle of joy in prayer.
 
We will be taking this blanket to the hospital with us and it will be Dax's 1st blanket. I plan on using the blanket for his newborn photos also. Casey laid on the couch this past weekend holding it and said "just imagine me holding this blanket with my son in it..." Talk about melting my heart!!!
 
If you are a friend on Facebook you know that last night after I put the finishing touches on the blanket, I wept. Dax is our last baby, we have decided that 2 boys is more than enough for our family. Finishing the blanket was so surreal because it means that my days of being pregnant are coming to an end... forever. As bittersweet as that is, it is also very exciting!!!
 
I want to say THANK YOU one last time to each of you who took time out of your busy life's to bless us with fabric. You will never know how much it means to us! We love you all...
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment