Monday, October 8, 2012

The S'More inccident

This weekend my promise to myself was to cheat in a healthier way, which I did on Friday at lunch time. That meant for the rest of the weekend (my toughest challenge), I had to eat healthy without cheating. Friday night was all good in the hood. Casey came over and we went to the store and bought stuff to cook a recipe from Weight Watchers, 3 bean chili. It actually turned into more of a stew and it made enough to last us all weekend (actually I am having the last bowl for lunch today).

*** Recipe Below ***

Saturday is when my "weakness" set in. I have been craving a s'more for a very long time now, but haven't had one in FOR-EVER! Well, we were watching the Sandlot and my craving came knocking... dang tree house scene. Then on top of that, it was COLD and I have a fireplace... that just made the craving even worse. THEN I get on FB and my friend Mandy had a picture of a s'more she was eating while we she was out camping this weekend, the craving got even worse. And if all that wasn't enough, it seemed like EVERYTHING on Pinterest was s'more themed that night. After a long debate with myself and with Casey, I was about to cave and go to the dang store and buy me some graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows... but something in me just said to go to sleep and get over my craving. The next morning, I woke up and was so super proud of myself. I had overcome the s'more craving and the sense of pride I had felt way better then a s'more could have tasted.

Getting stronger ever single day!!! Here is to a healthy week of eating clean and to at least 4 days at the gym, if not 5.

Recipe for my 3 bean chili (stew):
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
2 bell peppers diced
1 can of drained black beans
1 can of drained kidney beans
1 can of drained red beans
1/2 small onion diced
1 pound of turkey meat browned
Let sit in crockpot for a couple of hours (until veggies are soft, you can cook these in with the meat to help the process).


No comments:

Post a Comment