Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Do you log your food?

Do you log your food?

A friend of mine has been nagging me (okay maybe not nagging, but she has brought it up a couple times) to start logging my food. "It will help you see where you are going wrong with what you are eating" she said. "You will start to lose weight again" she said. Well, she was right.

I started logging my food last week when I fell and couldn't workout. I have kept up with it since last Monday and I have to say I am very proud of myself. Logging my food not only has helped me realize where I was going wrong on my eating clean lifestyle change, but it also helped me get through this past weekend without cheating once. It was sort of a game to me, in the morning I plug in everything I expected I will eat for the day and knowing it is already logged helps keep me on track.

Here are a few things I am really trying to focus on:
1. Keeping my calories between 1200-1400
2. Making sure I get 110-140 grams of protein in a day
3. Keeping my sodium under 1000 grams a day
4. Keeping my sugars below 50 grams a day - most of my sugars are coming from fruits
5. Drinking at least 1/2 my body weight in water.
6. Keeping my carbs below 100 grams a day.
7. Eating every 3 hours

I have to admit, my sweet friend was right... logging has really opened my eyes to what I need to change in my diet. I also have to admit that since I started logging I have even lost some weight... well 8.2 pounds to be exact (and I haven't really been able to workout). I haven't lost that much weight in a while and I am so close to my goal of being back below my "EEK #" (the number on the scale that I promised myself I would never go over again, but I ended up doing anyways. Once I get below it again, I will try my hardest to never break that promise again).

So back to my question from earlier... do you log your food?

No comments:

Post a Comment