Thursday, August 8, 2013

Where does my motivation come from?

I am in a couple different fitness groups on Facebook and this morning a girl asked where everyone’s motivation comes from. It got me thinking and here is what I wrote as my response.

                “I stay motivated by surrounding myself with people who are on the same journey as I am. I have gotten rid of all the toxic relationships in my life (or at least put them at a safe distance). When I open my Facebook, all I see is fitness related post and when I hang out with my friends, it is with friends who help hold me accountable instead of trying to talk me into cheating or quitting. It is really about changing your WHOLE life, not just about changing your food.”

Here are a few other ways I stay motivated (in case you need some ideas):
1.       I keep my goals written out on my mirror
2.       I find clothes that are too small and try them on every week or so (I usually take photos so that I can compare from week to week).
3.       I put pictures of myself now next to pictures of myself at a heavier weight
4.       I have uplifting quotes posted in places at my work, my house, my phone, etc.
5.       I have a couple girlfriends who text/call me and help hold me accountable
6.       I have the most amazing soon to be husband who supports me through it all (a great support system)
7.       I am blessed to have a trainer who tells it like it is and wont accept any of my excuses
8.       My son who makes me want to be the BEST mom I can be
9.       And last but certainly not least, God! He has given me this wonderful life and I want to make the most out of it.

Yall dig deep and really think of what keeps you motivated… I am sure there are things you aren’t even thinking of. When you want to quit, think of those things and press on!

I hope you all have a happy and healthy Thursday!
XOXO
Fitbyjordan

No comments:

Post a Comment