Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My meal plan this week

To help hold me accountable, I have decided to post my meal plan for this week. I am currently on day 3 of being back on track and I have to admit, I am feeling good. I am not as bloated and I even have been sleeping better. I was having problems there for awhile. I think it was because I was just vegging out 24/7 and since I was never active, I couldn't shut my brain off and it messed with my sleeping.

Anyways... here is what I am eating every 3 hours this week.

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of 9 grain toast

Morning Snack - 1 cup of quick oats with 5 packets of sweet-n-low and 5 strawberries cut up AND 1 tbsp of peanut butter

Lunch - 6 ounces of grilled chicken with 1/2 cup of fajita mixture (green bell peppers, onions and black beans) AND 1 cup of sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp. of brown sugar and 1/2 tbsp. of cinnamon

Afternoon Snack - 15-20 baby carrots with 2 tbsp of Ranch Dressing AND a tbsp of peanut butter

Dinner - 2 servings of Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins (I made mine in an oversized cupcake muffin tin and so 2 muffins fit in one) AND a salad that consist of spinach leafs, celery, cucumbers, onions and cherry tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette for the dressing.

It is not 110% perfect and it is not 110% clean eating, but it is what is working for me this week and it beats me going out to eat every single meal like I have been doing.

Casey and I are having a date day on Saturday and we are going to use some gift cards a friend blessed us with. Thanks sweet SammyJoJack!!! We will be going out to lunch and then watching a movie. I will be looking online at the restaurants menu before we arrive so I can make a healthy cheat choice.

Saturday I will also create a new meal plan for next week and Casey and I will go shopping Sunday after church and then meal prep that evening. If you have a meal that is easy and healthy, please feel free to share it with the group!!

Always remember, this journey we are all on is about progress, not perfection!!!

Oh and P.S. seriously, thank you so much for the kind words yesterday in regards to my last blog. I cried happy tears reading each comment and the guilt has started to fade away. All of your comments really helped light a fire under me and makes me want to strive to do better. I am excited to be back!!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment