Tuesday, March 24, 2015

3rd and FINAL trimester!!!!

 
 
Today marks 27 weeks which means... drum roll please... we have reached our 3rd and FINAL trimester!!! I am as giddy as a school girl right now!!!
 
 
When I talked to Casey this morning, I reminded him of this and I could hear the smile in his voice. I asked him if he was nervous and he said "no, I am just really excited to start my life with Dax!" It was so sweet, I am not sure what I am more excited for... to meet Dax or to see Casey's face the minute he becomes a Dad (to a newborn/biological child... he is already Caleb's {Step} Dad)!!!
 
 
We have decided to induce around 39 weeks, so that means in 12 weeks we will have a baby!!! We decided to induce because Caleb goes to his Dad's for July and we both really want Caleb to meet his brother and be home for a couple days with us before he leaves. I can only imagine how it feels to bring home a new brother and then have to leave. Obviously, we have consulted with our doctor and 39 weeks is perfect to induce. Who knows, he might come on his own before then! Plus, Caleb was 9 pounds 4 ounces and 22 inches long and he had pooped inside me and aspirated it on the way out, causing him to go into the NICU for a week after being born. I want to try and NOT have that happen with Dax. I will be happy with a 7 pound baby who waits to poop until he is out of my womb!
 
Things we are looking forward to the next 12 weeks:
4 weeks appointments going to 2 weeks and then to weekly
Our next appointment tomorrow (glucose)
Easter
3D/4D Sonogram on April 11th
Dino Days with Caleb
Mother's Day
Staying at Great Wolf Lodge
Date nights while Caleb is at his Dad's house (Hello Simply Fondue)
Hospital Tour
AND only 62 more days of work before maternity leave!!!
 
 
Even though the 3rd trimester means I will be gaining some more weight and my belly will be growing more (yuck, I hate getting bigger) I am so excited that it is finally here.... even if it means people will start asking when my twins are due! Seriously if you don't know if someone is having twins, don't ask... it is just plain rude and hurts the pregnant ladies feelings! Also don't tell me I look like I am about to pop. I understand I am huge but I still have 12 weeks so SHUT UP. And yes, I am sure I still have 12 weeks, I have been carrying this kid for 27 weeks already I don't think I lost track of the weeks. Thanks though!
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment