Thursday, February 4, 2016

Weighing Daily


I am a daily weigher, sue me!

This morning I weighed in at 206.6! I ended my (STUPID) period yesterday and then this morning was down 1.4 pounds. Take that you stupid period!

I got to thinking. When I first set out to lose this baby weight, my first goal was to break 200 and then to hit 180. I really didn't put much thought into goals after that. I didn't want to get overwhelmed and cause myself to want to throw in the towel. When you are sitting at 278, 180 can be a daunting task. I tried not to think about it and just think about 10 pounds at a time. It worked for me. Well now here I am 206.6, within the 10 pounds of hitting my goal of being out of the 200's and less than 30#'s away from hitting 180's!!! Its is becoming real and exciting for me. I have even started thinking about my next goals... hitting 160 (wedding weight) again... and my ultimate goal of 140's!!!

Back to being a daily weigher. I know its not ideal and it can derail your weight loss when you see a gain, maintain or even a loss that isn't as great as you think it should be. You get frustrated and want to throw in the towel. I totally get that. But for me, those things drive me to go harder and stick with my meal plans. If I see a gain, I want to be more badass than I have been being. If I see a maintain, I want to lift heavier and do more HIIT. When I see a loss that isn't as great as I want it to be, I am even more focused to stay on track and not stray for the path. So while people say to stay off the scale, for me it is totally different.

Also, I understand that muscle looks better than fat. You can weigh 140 and have little muscle and weight 140 and have little fat... and your weight never changed. I get that. BUT for someone who has over 100 pounds to lose, until I get closer to my goal... that doesn't really apply to me so much. I still have close to 50 pounds to drop before this applies to me, I believe. Yes I am building muscle and I am toning up, but I still have a lot of fat to lose.

Not that I have to justify me weighing daily to anyone, I just had a lot of thoughts in my head and wanted to get them out.

I guess my message today is... you do YOU! I am going to do ME and be happy with it.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day today!

signature




No comments:

Post a Comment