Friday, February 25, 2011

Upcoming 10k

My 1st 10k is coming up March 5th and I am getting so ancy for it. I went last night and bought a cute outfit, I have broken in my new shoes, and I started 2 a days this week with all my free time being devoted to running on the treadmill. I have turned down lunch dates, evening get together, and shopping trips so that I can stay on track for my race.  I am motivated and focused to not only finish the 10k but also to run the whole thing and do it under 80 minutes.
The breakdown: a 10k is a total of 6.2 miles (yes I know some of you think I am crazy and I would have thought the same thing a year ago but it’s a way of life for me now!) If I finish in 80 minutes that equals 13.30 minutes a mile. My fastest 5k was run at Jingle Bell this past December where I ran 3.1 miles in 32 minutes (10.32 minutes a mile). So yes, I have set my goal a little longer than I really should’ve but, I am scared of disappointing myself if I set my goal for an hour and I am longer than that…
This run will not only be my 1st 10k but it will also mark my 1 year anniversary of losing weight. 1 year, it seems so long but looking back it went so fast. 1 year ago I was wearing size 24 jeans, eating out all the time, crying because I hated being fat. Today I am in size 11/12 jeans, I eat fresh food and check the menus of places before going there, and the only crying I do is when Lo makes me do something that pushes me past my limits.
So the date is approaching, the goal is set, and the runner is almost ready… This has been a long year with a lot of ups and a lot of downs but I am glad that I didn’t give up. I want to say a special thank you to a few people who have helped me through my journey and who are still pushing me….
Thank you Michelle, Valerie, James, Lo, Berns, Samantha, Brittanie, Melissa, Ashley, and Patricia!

No comments:

Post a Comment