Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Nightly Routine

We have a new nightly routine in our house and I am going to do everything in my power to make sure we stick to it. With Casey being on board, it has been very easy... but it only started 2 days ago, so we shall see.

Here are our new rules for after work:
1. TV is NOT allowed to be turned on until after 7 p.m. - going back to my method of "you have your own life so live it and stop watching other people live theirs out through a t.v."

2. Everyone needs to pitch in with setting the table, preparing the food and cleaning up afterwards. If you can eat it, you can help out!

3. After dinner is over, we need to get up and be active until Caleb's bath & bed time (which happens to be 7). If it is playing in the backyard with Caleb, taking a family walk, or cleaning up the house (mostly the playroom).

4. At 8 p.m. Casey and I will do a quick workout (posted below) and then we will be "rewarded" with our protein shakes.

So far this has method has been going good. I know we will hit our rough patches and not everyone will be on board every night, but we will just cross that bridge when it gets here.

Our quick workout:
50 Jumping Jacks
5 Push-Ups
20 Crunches
20 Mountain Climbers
30 Second Plank

It may not sound like a lot, but talk to me after you complete a round of it. Those 5 "simple" workouts will surely get your heart racing and give you a kick of energy. I found it on Pinterest (love that site) and figured what the heck. Since finding it, I have done it twice daily... give it a try!




No comments:

Post a Comment