Friday, January 25, 2013

Sleep... it does a body good!

Move over milk because sleep is what does this body good! I have been blowing and going this week, to the point where a few nights I haven't slept as much as I should have. I am usually in bed by 9 p.m. every night and up around 5:30 a.m. This past week I have been staying up until about 10 p.m. and waking up at 4:45 a.m. (to help motivate Casey to hit up the Y before work). Last night, Casey and I were both SO tired that we agreed to go to bed at 8:30 p.m.... which we did! When Casey woke up at 4:45 a.m. to head to the Y, I stayed in bed and slept. I slept through my 5:15 alarm, I slept through my 5:30 alarm, I slept through my 5:45 alarm.... This continued every 15 minutes until 7:00 a.m.!!! I finally woke up, feeling refreshed and very late to work! Thank goodness I have a very flexible job and I am very thankful that Caleb is in pre-school and it really doesn't matter if he is "late" or not.

11.5 hours of sleep... it is just what I needed! Are you getting enough sleep? Are you waking up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world? Are you getting to a point in the day that you feel like you need a nap? Try to go to bed earlier at night (I know that is not as much fun, but sometimes it's what your body needs). Next week I am going to try to make it to bed by 9... try being the key word!



I hope you each have a wonderful weekend. Remember, just because it is the weekend doesn't mean you can go crazy and erase all the hard work you did this past week. Plan ahead, take snacks with you, hit up the gym, ask someone to help hold you accountable... there are so many things that are in your control that you can do to help you stay on track!

My plan:
Tonight - Casey and I will eat dinner at home, Caleb is going to my sisters and then Casey and I are using our free movie tickets to Movie Tavern to see Zero Dark Thirty. We plan on drinking water and not ordering any food.

Saturday - Casey is working all day so I am hitting up the gym with Caleb, then Caleb and I are meeting up with Casey's mom (Joy) and heading out to the open house at the Keller Fire station. Later that night, all three of us are heading to Haslet to hang out with my nieces. My sisters house is full of temptations for me, but I am going to stay strong, pack my own meals and stick to my plan.

Sunday - Casey is working all day again (yuck). The childcare is closed at the Y on Sunday so I think I am going to take Caleb to the pool again. Last week he was nervous and scared but maybe if I work with him every week, we can change that fear into excitement. After the Y we are going grocery shopping and when Casey gets off work, we will cook and pack all of our meals for the upcoming week.

Meal plan for next week
Breakfast: Casey - yogurt & turkey bacon / Jordan - turkey bacon & 3 egg whites with fresh salsa
Snack: Fruit (probably grapes)
Lunch: Mexican turkey burger patties served on a bed of spinach leaves with fresh salsa
Snack: Fiber bar
Dinner: Grilled chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and steam veggies
Snack: Protein Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment