Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013

Happy 2013 Y'all... I do NOT do resolutions so don't worry, this isn't a blog about all the things I promise myself I will change and then end up giving up on by March. Instead, I believe that every day is a fresh new start. Every day I try and promise myself something and if I do not succeed, I try again the next day. After all, this is life... no one is perfect!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break and a safe and happy New Year's Eve! I know I had a wonderful time not worrying about counting carbs and spending time with both my boys! Caleb is 3 and so Christmas this year was extra fun... plus on top of everything, I have a LOVING boyfriend who made sure I was spoiled on Christmas. I just love those boys to pieces!

I was horrible the past 2 weeks and you know what, I have no regrets at all. My pants may be a bit tight, the scale might not say the number I want it to... BUT... I had a wonderful time and made TONS of memories and that is what life is really all about.

However, today is a new day and I am back on track. I am back to work, back in my routine, back to going to the gym on my lunch break, back to no DC3 (no diet coke, carbs or cheese)... I am back! I do want my pants to fit and I do want the number on the scale to be a certain number. I have come to realize that I will have to battle my weight the rest of my life and I will continue to battle it until the day I die... but I will also continue to live life.

Here are a couple of things I would like you to remember this New Year: that fad diets don't work (neither do magic pills), going to the gym isn't going to solve all your problems, you didn't put the weight on over night so it isn't coming off over night, do not give up if you mess up just try again the next day, and most of all remember this is life and no one gets out alive (haha)! Good luck with all your resolutions (if you made any)... But just remember to be healthy and be happy because that is what life is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment