Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TBL recap

I am a VERY emotional person who can cry at the drop of a hat. I have been this way for as far back as I can remember. I will be watching tv and a commerical will make me cry, yes, its that bad! You can only imagine how I am while watching The Biggest Loser every week. Casey will just sit there and laugh...

Last night while watching, I got choked up when the contestants were running their 5k's. 1st off, my very 1st 5k I ran it in 52 minutes... they finished in way less than! The tears started coming when each of them ran across the finish line. I know that feeling that they had, the feeling of knowing you just finished something you thought you would NEVER be able to do. Its one of the best feelings in the world. Then the tears started up because the doctors told me I would never run again... I can't wait til the day I find myself running across the finish line of my 1st 5k back into the running world. Never and can't are not going to be part of my volubulary anymore. One day I will run again (even if I have to have a robotic knee). One day I will cross that finish line. One day....!

I was very sad to see Pam go home last night but she kicked some booty when she got back, thats for sure! Damn girl... (haha).  She just proved to all of us sitting on the couch, you CAN do it from home. You dont need a ranch with celebrity trainers and a cook. You are in control, YOU can change your life, YOU can change your children's lives. Y-O-U!

Side note - I am so proud of Casey, he has woke up early the past 2 days and made it to the gym before work. He was SORE last night and could hardly get out of bed this morning, but he did. Last night we packed all of our breakfasts, snacks, lunches and dinners for the rest of week. We each have plans for the gym and we are going to stick to them. Together we will change our lives and change the path of Caleb's.

Here is our food log for this week:
Meal 1 – 2 hardboiled egg whites & oatmeal toast with a teaspoon of honey
Meal 2 – Pre-Cardio Shake
Meal 3 – Turkey meatloaf cups with a spinach salad
Meal 4 – Fresh salsa chicken with brown rice and black beans
Meal 5 – Protein shake – skim milk, ice, banana, ¼ cut fresh oats, 1 tablespoon of this power protein p.b.
AND tons and tons of water!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment