Saturday, January 26, 2013

Treadmill success

Today I woke up with Casey (he had to work at 8:30 this morning, yuck) and headed to the gym. I love starting my day at the gym, 1. I get my workout over with and 2. I have energy for the rest of the day.

I had planned on going to an Intro to Crossfit class BUT I read the schedule wrong and went way to early... Then a worker there said he thought the instructor was sick. Oh well, so I started to do my own workout.

I did 10 minutes on the elliptical, leg workouts, 10 minutes on the bike, stretched and then I thought I would try and walk on the treadmill. Now, the last time I've walked on the treadmill was last year over the summer and while walking, my knee gave out and I fall. My leg was scrapped up and bruised... It was brutal! So, me getting back up on the "horse" was a huge deal. I started off slow and easy and by the time I was done, I was up to walking at a 4.0 (death grip on the handles just in case) and I finished a mile!! I am pretty darn proud of myself right now...



No comments:

Post a Comment