Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sensa!

I was at the gym today and while I was knocking out some cardio, a commercial for Sensa came on. I couldn't help but laugh. Are there REALLY people out there that think if you sprinkle some "magic" onto your food (any kind of food) that you will lose weight? I mean seriously people, please be a little smarter than that.

My Dad said something to me when I was in my early 20's and it has stuck with me... "you didn't put your weight on overnight, so you aren't going to get it off overnight." It takes time people. It takes sticking to a good well balance diet (don't go on a diet, change your lifestyle) and it takes getting about 30 minutes of activity into your life. Your activity doesn't have to be going to the gym, you can walk outside, play with your kids, just do something that doesn't involve your butt being glued to the couch. If the TV is a problem in your house, try our method. Our house rule is, no TV until after 7! From the time we get home until 7, that is family time to play, cook, clean, walk, live our own lives instead of watching other people on TV live theirs!

Please don't fall for stupid gimmicks like Sensa, instead fall for healthy choices that WILL make you a better you!



No comments:

Post a Comment