Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Bars - Recipe!!!


The other day I told you I would give you the recipe for my Pumpkin Protein Bars I made… well today is your lucky day!

I found Jamie Eason’s recipe on www.Bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-pumpkin-protein-bars.html) and I went off that the best I could, however I did have to make a few tweaks…

  • ½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal) – I could not find this so I used Splenda Brown Sugar
  • 1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce  - I used some un sweet all natural applesauce I already had at home
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger – I didn’t have any of this so I didn’t use any
  • ½ tsp. ground clove – Same as the ginger, just left it out of my recipe.
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt – I do not have any salt in my house so this didn’t make it in either
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
  • 2 C oat flour – I made my own out of Oats (see previous blog)
  • 2 scoops vanilla whey protein  - I was out of vanilla so I used chocolate… oh my gosh YUMMY!!!
  • ½ cup almond milk – I used skim milk
  • ½ C chopped walnuts (optional) – I chose to add these, and I am glad I did!
I followed the rest of Jamie’s directions just like she gives ya on her site (mentioned above).
  • Preheat the oven to 350.
  • Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  • Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  • Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
  • Makes 24 squares.
Let me know if you make any and if you like them or not!! Oh and they were a HUGE hit with Caleb and Casey too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment