Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Recipe Alert - Breakfast "Quiche"

I have been TIRED of making scrambled eggs every morning so this weekend I had a brilliant idea to make an egg casserole for the week instead. Let me just tell you, it has made my life SO much easier this week… and its only Wednesday!!!

Here is what I did:

12 Eggs
*You can use the egg whites or the whole egg, I opted for the whole egg since I wasn’t the only one who was going to be eating this*
VEGGIES!!!
*The more the merrier*
Whole Grain Bread
*Whole Wheat, 9 grain, Oat Bread, really any kind of healthy bread*
9 X 14 baking dish
*Really any size you want will do*

Chop all the veggies up (I used spinach leafs, bell peppers, onions and tomatoes) and mix them in with the 12 eggs

Lay the bread down in the baking dish (I was able to use 6 slices – this equals 6 servings)

Pour the egg & veggie mixture on top of the bread

Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350

Serving size is 1 slice of bread!

My family has loved these this week. It’s easy for me to just pop them in the microwave and reheat, then the boys will add cheese and sour cream on top of theirs… Casey even adds his favorite hot sauce.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment