Friday, January 31, 2014

The 80%

Did you know that 80% of your weight loss comes from what you eat? Did you also know that your abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym? And did you know that eating healthy for 1 day isn’t going to make you skinny?

I want to use today’s blog and talk about a few tips and tricks that have worked for me… I posted my 10 days of clean eating picture last night and it sparked a lot of peoples interest of what I eat.

Here goes nothing
1.       Have your child clean up their own food when they are done eating (if they are old enough). This will teach them to help out with chores AND it will help you not eat their left overs. I am HORRIBLE when it comes to eating Caleb’s leftovers.
2.       When you make dinner and dish out your plate, WEIGH EVERYTHING! Yes, buy a food scale!!!
3.       After you dish out your plate, pack the rest of the food up for left overs for the next meal or the next day. If you go ahead and weigh it and packed it up per meal instead of all together, it is very easy to grab and go.
4.       Have a water cup in front of you at all times! Drink a 8 ounce glass over water before you eat your meal. Drink one when you finish going potty each time. Make a game out of it, it helps me a lot.
5.       If you are rushed for time and need to make a quick meal without actually having to cook… buy a rotistrierre chicken! Pull the skin off and then weigh the meat. It is yummy and very easy… I actually just had 6 ounces of meat for lunch
6.       Hang a goal outfit up in the kitchen and try it on every couple days. This has REALLY helped me!
7.       Find some people to help hold you accountable and not tempt you to go out to eat.
8.       Take your food with you when you are meeting friends to eat. I hate missing out on the fellowship so I have been taking my food with me to the restaurant and most places haven’t even said a word to me. One did but then I told them my story and they said congrats and walked off.
9.       Clean your pantry out and get rid of temptations. I usually have a sweet tooth about 8-9pm and since there is nothing sweet in my house (beside my son and I cant eat him) I just drink water and try to focus on something else.
10.   Working out is key! Yes this blog is about eating BUT since I am working out too it helps me want to eat better because I don’t want all that hard work and sweat to go to waste.

At the end of the day, you have to find what works best for you because something that works for me might suck for you! I am a firm believer that if you want it bad enough you will work hard enough to achieve it. Just sit down, make a plan and then work to destroy that plan. Time will pass whether you do it or not… so why not just do it?

I am always here if you have questions, need motivation or accountability. Just shoot me a message!!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment