Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Yoga

Today was my 1st time in a very long time to attend a yoga class and… Wait, before I tell you how it went, let me tell you why it has been so long since my last class.

The top 5 reasons it has been forever since my last yoga class:
5.    I have no patience (like NONE)! Heck I countdown to EVERYTHING… ask my family they will tell ya!
4.       It makes me want to take a nap
3.       I suck at stretching so I am not all that flexible, which makes 98% of the poses difficult
2.       Smelly feet – umm yeah gross!!
And the #1 reason I haven’t been to yoga in forever… drum roll please….
1.       The last time I went, the guy in front of me farted REALLY loud and I couldn’t stop laughing and had to leave the class. Seriously, the dude was so relaxed (or probably didn’t even care) and just busted one right there… not a silent but deadly (oh gosh could you imagine?), no a LOUD and LONG fart!!! Yes, I am a 8 year old boy who finds farting hilarious! It started off as a quiet laugh, then it got to the point I couldn’t stop laughing and then I snorted!!! Yep, I am a snorter! The teacher looked at me, you know that look you give you kid out in public when you wish you could just say “SHUT UP”, yeah that was the look… and so I picked up my stuff and left the class… still laughing!

And I am still laughing now!!! BHAHAHAHA

Okay so todays yoga class went much better. The teacher was VERY nice and broke down each pose for me and showed me modified poses for my knee. I thought 45 minutes would drag, but it went by rather quickly. The only part I didn’t like was at the very end when we laid there for about 5 minutes (but it felt like 5 hours) and just relaxed. It was like when you know your alarm is about to go off and you can’t seem to relax enough to fall asleep. I wanted to relax but knew the minute I did, it would be time to get up. I need to work on that.

I am actually looking forward to going back next week!

I hope you all are having a happy & healthy week so far… remember to try new things and to also go back and re-try some old things you might have hated back then but you might end up liking now!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment