Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dax update - Nursery talk!!

Today I am blogging all about B-A-B-Y!!!
 
We started the nursery back when we were pregnant with our last baby this past summer. So, when we got pregnant again we really just had add some details and final touches. The theme has been yellow and gray with some elephants. After we found out it was a boy, I decided to add some pops of turquoise here and there.
 
I am a Pinterest whore and have SO many ideas and I am trying to put them all together!! So if y'all have any opinions, just let me know!!! I have posted pictures of the room below and comments on things we are planning on tweaking/changing/adding... etc.
 
 
The peg board behind the crib will be taken down, cut and framed and placed above the dresser to hold pictures and baskets of diapers and wipes. The bumper in the crib will be recovered in a turquoise fabric. I know I know, people now days don't use bumpers... but I still like them and want to use one. To each their own! The high chair in the corner will be re-painted and moved into the kitchen. The corner shelves may or may not stay... not sure yet.
 
 
This will go above the crib, of course it will say DAX and be painted turquoise!
 
 
The "sunshine" canvas will not be staying there, instead we will be hanging an antique window with a saying on it (pictures to come soon). The yellow mason jars will be hung on the peg board above the dresser. The desk will be cleaned off, most of that "crap" will go in the dresser. Do you like the black rocking chair that sticks out like a sore thumb?! Yeah, that was Caleb's when he was a infant... his nursery was black and blue. I am looking for another chair to replace that but if I don't find one for a reasonable price, I will stick with that and just change the cushion. The curtains... well see below, they get their own spurt!
 
 
The shelves will be taken down and most likely taken out of the room all together, all of the "crap" on the shelves will be hung on the peg board. The peg board will be put above this dresser and the dresser will also be used as a changing table. The gray circle basket next to the dresser is a dirty clothes hamper. 
 
 
That door is Dax's closet.. it is a mess, see next picture! I am in the process of adding polka dots to this wall. The yellow are all different patterns and then I am going back and filling the rest of the wall with gray and turquoise polka dots. Need to go buy more yellow fabric and find some gray and turquoise. I will post a photo of the finished product later!
 
The closet... eek! It scares me to go in there! Right now there is a sit and stand stroller, 2 car seats, 2 bases, a bounce chair, a bathtub, a exersaucer, and tons of other "crap" shoved in here. It is something that probably wont be organized until very last... once we can put the stroller and car seats in the cars and move the bigger toys to the living room and playroom. And yes, that is a red dress in the closet... that was mine when I was a newborn. Maybe one day I can play dress up with a granddaughter!!
 
 
Now on to the curtains I talked about earlier... I found the ones I wanted at Target but they were white and they were cheap. I decided to buy some dye and just change the color myself. To be honest, it kind of scared me to do it. I am very crafty but I didn't want to turn out to be a smurf... I just followed the bottle.
 
 
The bottle said "agitate the fabric" so I asked the 5 year old to show me how to agitate it... He picked up the yard stick and started poking me with it! I swear he cracks me up!!
 
 
Casey works nights and I really wanted the curtains hung up tonight (I am the kind of person who wants things done right then and there... true story) so I pulled out MY drill (yes, it is mine. Casey gave it to me for Mother's Day one year) and went to work. I am proud of myself for being handy!! See the picture above to see the final product of the curtains again. Dang the color, cant wait to change it.
 
That is all for now... cant wait to buy a saw this weekend so we can cut the peg board!! What do you think? Any ideas you want to share with me?
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment