Thursday, January 29, 2015

Arms... Arms... ARMS!!!

One of my biggest problem areas have always been my arms... I hate them! I am not one to cover them up because of my hatred for them, because lets face it, if you don't like me because of my fat arms well I really don't want you to be my friend anyways. BUT I do hate them and wish they were smaller.
 
The 1st time I lost my weight (before my reconstructive knee surgery and depression in 2012) I had focused on cardio and not so much on weights. My arms shrunk but nothing like I had hoped for.
 
When I lost my weight the 2nd time (2013) I started lifting weights and BOOM... I started seeing the change I wanted. Who knew that lifting weights would help change my arms. Ha! By the time of my wedding (March 2014), I didn't hate my arms anymore... I didn't LOVE them either but I was proud of my baby bicep and how that didn't droop down as much anymore. (the picture is blurry because I had to zoom way in... sorry not sorry)
 
 
Since quitting the gym after my miscarriage (summer of 2014), I have noticed that my muscles in my arms were the 1st set of muscles to pack their bags and leave me. It sucked but at that point I didn't care. Now that I am allowed back in the gym, I am going to focus on getting that muscle back. It is going to take time to build up my strength and it will take time because I am only allowed to lift light weights... but I am going to do it.
 
 
I plan on to lift upper body at least twice a week, while doing cardio daily, and adding in a yoga session weekly. Today I planned on doing arms but I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do and then yesterday Skinny Meg (LOVE her) posted a great arm workout... so I did that one! I did have to modify it some since I am pregnant, but it was a GREAT workout and I can tell tomorrow I will probably be sore.
 
 
If you have never visited Skinny Meg's website, you are missing out... www.skinnymeg.com she is so down to earth, tells it how it is, a working mom (whose kids are way adorable) who is on a mission to lose weight... oh and she is funny!!!
 
Oh and just because I am loving my belly (heck, I never thought I would say that) so much here lately, I will end this blog with a belly picture and a quick update on Dax. We had our anatomy scan yesterday and he is doing great. He is 10 ounces and a little longer than 6 inches and measuring ahead of schedule... so they moved my due date up 3 days, not much but when your pregnant every day counts! Next Tuesday will mark 20 weeks and we will officially be half way done baking this little baby boy!!
 
 
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment