Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 2!!!

Today marks my 2nd week back at the gym and I am so excited to be back. Last night while packing my gym bag, it felt so natural to me. I was excited and checked it 3 times to make sure I had everything I needed.
 
I even found a couple workout tanks that are baggy enough to fit my belly. I only have 2 right now so that is 2 less days of wearing Casey's shirts. Funny story, my momma and I were talking and she usually just knows that I have no shame and I do whatever I want without caring what people are going to think of me... well it kind of surprised me when she asked "Why did you wear that 'This guy needs a beer shirt' to the gym? You are pregnant, you don't need to wear that. You need to buy some maternity workout shirts if you plan on going to the gym."
 
Haha! Momma, this picture is for you... are you proud, I am wearing a workout shirt that doesn't make me look like a drunk pregnant chick! Haha!!!
 
 
I am a very scheduled person. I love schedules. I love writing on my calendar. I love planning out everything. So it should come at no surprise that I like to plan on out my gym time on a post it at work that I stick to my desk right by my computer. I keep it in plain sight so that it will remind me to get up and go workout, even when I don't want to.
 
 
Despite the dang cold front we are having, I decided to get up and stick to my schedule... Probably wouldn't have went if I didn't have this post it note staring me down!! Plus, I love to mark stuff my list and I wouldn't have gotten to do that if I didn't go to the gym. So I put on my winter coat and gloves and walked 5 blocks to the gym... lets just say I should have brought my winter hat too because by the gym I got there my ears were frozen!!!
 
(Go ahead and laugh, some of you have way colder weather, but this girl is a Texan and I am use to the heat....)
 
 
Today I focused on shoulders and biceps, then finished up with 30 minutes on the elliptical. This lady next to me noticed my belly and just smiled this really big smile. She didn't say anything to me but her smile said it all... I felt proud to be there working out, setting an example for Caleb and for Dax (who isn't even born yet). I want both my boys to know that no matter what life hands you, you can still make time to take care of yourself.
 
 
Oh and speaking of Dax... Casey felt him move for the 1st time ever this weekend! You should have seen the smile on his face, it was priceless!!!
 
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment