Friday, January 23, 2015

The Pegboard

I found this idea off Pinterest, man I love that website!
 
 
The nursery was my craft room (don't worry, I meshed the craft room and the guest room so I didn't lose my momma cave all together) and I had a full size peg board (1 sheet of plywood) hanging on the wall. We had NO room to move it into the guest room so my lovey husband suggested moving it to the garage for him to hang his (and my) tools on. I was thrilled when I found this idea because I am in love with pegboards, they make life so easy!
 
I showed Casey the pictures I had found and he was on board... but then again, 99.9% of the time he is on board with my ideas. I love that my husband trust me and my creative gene!!
 
Me and my type A personality wanted to get to work that exact night... but this wasn't the case. It was a couple of months before this happened. Casey is pokey (love ya babe) and I have learned that if I want him to help me with things (lifting the pegboard, cutting it and re-hanging it) I would have to get on his schedule. Pooh!
 
 
I decided to draw out the space I wanted to cut while it was still hanging on the wall (behind the crib) and hopefully that would give him so UMP to take it down and get it cut... and it did!
 
Last weekend we finished up the project! I bought the border, measured it out and sprayed it turquoise. I will admit if you zoom in on the picture you will notice my measurements were a tad bit off on one of the vertical borders and there is a small space gap... We realized this after it was hung up and I decided to just leave it because if we had to re-cut it that meant we would to buy more border and that stuff wasn't cheap.
 
 
Casey hung the pegboard and border for me and I decorated it. I am just in LOVE with how it turned out.
 
 
I would have to say, one of my favorite pieces on the pegboard would have to be the arrow. There is a button you push to turn on the lights and it puts off just the right amount of light for diaper changes. Another pieces I have been complimented on is the oversize safety pin. I found that in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby. It was broken and pink... I took it home, glued it back together and sprayed it yellow!
 
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment