Monday, January 5, 2015

I don't feel inspirational

I have been horrible at blogging here lately, mainly because I created this blog to inspire people and for the past couple weeks I have not been feeling inspirational. Instead, I feel like a bloated pregnant woman who rather lay in bed and sleep than workout.

Heck, you could replace the word "workout" with a number of things I don't have the energy to do... hanging out with friends, playing with Caleb, going on date night, being crafty, etc.

This pregnancy has been very hard on my body. I have been sick on and off for the past 16 weeks, morning sickness, head cold, pregnancy rhinitis, horrible headaches, constipation, etc. I envy those women who breeze through pregnancy and make it look so easy. Don't get me wrong, I am OVER THE MOON that I am pregnant again and that this baby is striving and growing right on track... the sickness sucks though. I don't care who you are, you aren't praising Jesus for being pregnant when you are laying on the bathroom floor throwing up the lining of your stomach because you haven't eaten in what feels like days... OR... when you are on the potty in pain, pain worse than labor, because you need to go to the bathroom and no matter how much you try, nothing is coming out.

Sorry for the TMI, but it is the cold hard truth.

I do have to admit, the 2nd trimester is getting a bit better. I am not as tired as I have been, but you can still find me taking a nap daily. Also, I am starting to be able to eat more throughout the day then the 1st trimester... which doesn't say much. For example, we went out to dinner this past weekend and I ordered off the kids menu and ate about 1/3 of that before I feel like I need to throw up.

The good news is that I haven't gained a pound this pregnancy. By looking at me, you would think I have gained 100 pounds... but as of my check up last week, I am still down 3 pounds from the start of my pregnancy. Holla!!


I am cleared to workout but haven't been doing it because of fear. Losing a baby has really messed with me mentally. I know the doctor wouldn't have cleared me if she didn't think it was okay, so I am trying to come to terms with it. I am a work in progress. Each morning I pack my gym bag and each afternoon fear talks me out of going. My plan is to go at least once this work week and walk for 30 minutes. It isn't much, but it is better than nothing. Small baby steps...

I am also going to pick back up with blogging... even when I don't feel inspirational. Please just bare with me!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment