Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A new recipe...

Before I get to the recipe I promised, don't forget to go check out Alicia Mitchell Photography for some sneak peaks from our Maternity Shoot... she just posted 4 pictures today! I will do a blog about them hopefully next week!!!
 
Now on to the main course... the recipe!!!
 
 
Grilled Chicken Avocado Wraps
(I found this on Pinterest)
 
Ingredients:
Wraps
 
 
Chicken
1 TBSP Sour Cream (or yogurt, I don't like yogurt so...)
1/2 Avocado
1/4 C. Mozzarella Cheese
 
Directions:
I used my George Foreman Grill to heat up the chicken. While that is cooking/heating up, I prepare my wrap by smearing the sour cream on the wrap, slicing the avocado and placing it on top of the sour cream, and finishing it off with the cheese. After the chicken is done, I put a couple pieces on the wrap and then roll it up. I then put the wrap on the grill and let it heat up for 4-5 minutes. Cut it in half, let it cool and enjoy!!
 
This is a very simple meal that I have been enjoying (and looking forward to) for dinner the past couple of nights. I have not counted up the calories and I honestly I don't think I will (at least while I am pregnant).
 
Ways to make this more healthy? Change the packaged chicken for fresh chicken. Change the sour cream for yogurt. Use less cheese (mozzarella is one of the lowest calorie cheeses).
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment