Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Caleb & Dax - The Differences

Yesterday I went dress shopping because all of my shirts don't seem to cover my belly anymore and if I go up a size I don't have the boob-age to fill them out. It is a horrible cycle! Luckily Spring is upon us and Summer is coming very soon... so I am able to wear sundresses and flip flops!
 
Long story short, I tried on dresses and while I left with 2... I hated the experience. I was brought back to the days that I use to hate trying on clothes because of my weight. This time last year I was loving buying new clothes, my how times have changed. I know I know, I am pregnant. Still, trying on dresses wasn't all that fun.
 
I felt really down and then got to thinking, I wonder what I look like if I compared myself to myself when I was pregnant with Caleb. I pulled a photo from my maternity shoot with Caleb (6 years ago... wow!) and I was about 7 months pregnant... just like I am now! Here is the picture...
 
 
Seeing this really helped lift my spirits!! And it got me to thinking how different both of these pregnancies have been for me.
 
When I was pregnant with Caleb, I didn't care about my weight... I wanted to be skinny but that is the extent of it. I ate anything and everything I wanted. Heck I remember buying fast food and stuffing it in my face before I made it home because I didn't want my sister to think I didn't want dinner too. (Wow, can you say low point). I was single and didn't feel like I needed to impress anyone. Fitness was nothing to me, yet. I longed for the days of being able to just lay in bed and eat. I wanted a healthy baby, but I also wanted a pizza... the whole damn thing!!!
 
This time around with Dax, I am way healthier. I started this pregnancy off at a healthier weight and haven't gained as much. I gained almost 65-70 with Caleb, and right now I am sitting right under 30 pounds gained with Dax. I am watching what I am eating for the most part, don't get me wrong I still enjoy my banana milkshake here and there, but I do not cave at every single craving. I am more aware of drinking my water and getting up for daily walks. I am also more active because I have Caleb to look after. I am also more aware of my weight gain and the way I look because even though I do not have to impress my husband, I want to impress him.
 
Not only is this pregnancy different health wise but emotionally it is very different too. I have a better support system. I am not single, in fact just the opposite... I have one of the most supportive husbands you will ever meet. He has not missed one single doctors appointment or hospital visit. Having him has made this go around so much better! I am so thankful for him and I cant wait to see his face the minute Dax enters the world and Casey becomes his father. Oh I am getting teary eyed just thinking about it.
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment