Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11

 
This morning I woke up at 4:30 am (I decided yesterday that lunch time workouts are no longer for me with my new schedule so I went back to morning workouts) and made it to the gym by 5. The whole way there I thought about 9/11 and decided to dedicate this workout to those who lost their lives. I am still here living and I need to live my life to the fullest and as healthy as I can.
 
 
I finished up my glutes and ab workout and was done with my day... but I decided to take it just a bit further.
 
 
Say hello to my little friend!!!
 
The Twin Towers each had 110 flights of stairs... 220 total. That is 2640 steps to climb. Holy heck!
 
I decided to try and climb at least one of the towers!
 
 
It was TOUGH and I was DRIPPING sweat... like after 2 minutes! I quickly remembered that I hated this machine. By about 8 minutes in my knee started to ache, stupid knee. I hit 10 minutes and 21 flights of stairs and needed a break.
 
I got off the machine, rode the bike for 5 minutes and recovered. Then I gave it another go! This time I decided to stay at a Level 1 and not play with upping and lowering the levels like I did the first time. That seemed to help some. I completed 10 more minutes for another 21 flights of stairs and I had to call it quits.
 
 
1. I needed a break again
2. It was 6am and time for me to head home
 
I have tons of respect for those firefighters, cops and civilians who climbed those buildings rescuing people. It was no easy task at all... I did 42 flights of stairs, about 1/3 of one of the buildings... and I did it in an air conditioned building with no extra weight of gear or people I was helping, not fighting for my life, or breathing in toxic air. It gave me a whole new kind of respect for 9/11...
 
I will never forget....
 
 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment