Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A little of this... a little of that!


Before I get into my rant today, I want to talk about 2 of my favorite people in the world... Caleb Scott and Dax Marshall!!!


Caleb struggles with reading, writing and numbers. It has been a very hard road to teach him how to read, how to write and how to write his letters and numbers the correct way and in the correct order. I have shed MANY tears over this. I have called his teacher bawling my eyes out because I don't know what else to do (his teacher is heaven sent by the way, I love her). I have bought all the books that have been recommended. I have bought posters for the play room (you can kind of see it in the picture above). We talk about learning every chance we get. I have the apps for him to play on. I seriously didn't know what else to do. I remember one night after he started school I thought it would be easy for us to start with smaller words like "a" and "of" instead of doing the bigger words like "the" and "that". I sat down and asked him to spell the word "a" and write it three times. I figured it would be SO easy. I was wrong...We sat there for an hour and 15 minutes. I am not even kidding! He was struggling SO much on how to spell the word "A"... He didn't understand that it is just the letter a... I didn't understand how he didn't understand that. We both left the table in TEARS!!!!

Long story short... last night while I was cooking dinner he said "I am going to write a story can you tell me how to spell the words." He loves to write stories and draw pictures with them. I usually spell the words for him but last night I was going 90 to nothing and didn't have the time or patience to help him. I told him to sound out the word and write it like he thinks it sounds. He brought me the book when he was done and I about lost it... I picked him up and hugged him so tight. My first instinct was to ask him if he had copied the words from something but I looked around and there was nothing that said Batman or Joker on it. He sounded out each letter and wrote it down as he went. Yes, his J is backwards but he spelled 2 words without me helping him!!!!! I am SUCH a proud momma and look at that prideful smile he has on his face... LOVE!!!!!
 

I mean isn't he the cutest baby ever?! He has been obsessed with this dang baseball. Casey has been teaching him how to throw it and they sit on the floor and play catch. He wont play with me, only with Casey. Father son bonding time I guess! He is teething, actually his bottom left tooth came in while we were on vacation and Casey just text me and told me his top 2 front teeth broke through this morning!!! Oh sweet baby boy...

Now onto some fitness related stuff...
 
I took this picture May 4, 2014... A couple weeks before finding out I was pregnant with our angel baby. I had gained about 15-20 pounds back from our wedding and was sitting around 175-180 at this time. I maintained easily at that weight and I felt good about my body. I remember taking this picture and thinking... this is my goal body.  Sure, I loved being 160 on my wedding day but maintaining that weight was a lot of up keep and at that time in my life I didn't want to put in all that work. I wanted to maintain and live life... find a happy balance. I was doing great until I miscarried.

I kept looking back at this picture thinking "when I get back into this dress I will know I am skinny again..." It is like looking back at pictures of when you thought you were overweight only to think "man if I can be that size again I would be happy." I longed to be back into this dress and to be this size again. I have another dress (a green one shoulder dress) that is a bit smaller than this one and it is my ultimate big goal... but this is my "I know I can maintain" goal dress. Does that make sense?
 
Anyways... this dress has been starring me down from my closet and I have kept putting it off to try it on. I didn't want to get discouraged. This morning I decided to give it a try and just see where I was size wise. Oh my goodness, it fit!!! I did have to have Caleb help me zip it up in the back, but it wasn't snug and I was able to sit and still breathe. I was elated!!! I am still up about 15-20 pounds from where I was on May 4, 2014.. but it fits!!! My body is so different this time around with all the weight lifting, the macros and I guess from having a baby. Makes me wonder what this dress will look like on me when I am back down to 175-180 like I was when I first wore it 2 years ago. I cant wait to find out...

In the past 2 months, I have gone from a size 12 dress to a size 10 dress!! Here is to the next 2 months... If I can do this in just 2 months, imagine what you can do in the next 2 months!!!!


signature

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, Jordan! I just started IIFYM, so I love when you post about your food :) Gives me great ideas! Can't wait to see pics of your new house!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete