Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Two Years and Counting....


Casey Joe, Happy 2 Year Wedding Anniversary!!!


Dear Casey,

Wow, this past year has been one to really celebrate and remember. It started with us on vacation in Hollywood, which I think we can both agree was fun but we probably will never go back...Doesn't it feel like years have gone by since that trip, in a good way?


This past year, I loved being able to see you spend one on one time with Caleb the months leading up to Dax being born. The bond you guys have created has been such a sweet thing that I love very much. The way he looks up to you and even asked you to only call him your real son and not your step son, it melts my heart. Thank you for continuing to love him like he is your own... you are the best guy for the job of being his step Dad.


Speaking of Dax... WOW, I have to say this is my favorite adventure we did our 2nd year of marriage!!! I know I wasn't the easiest person to deal with when I was pregnant. I was moody, emotional, a nervous wreck, bitchy, wouldn't stop crying or complaining, and so much more. Thank you for loving me through each day of pregnancy. Having you around this pregnancy (as opposed to being single when I was pregnant with Caleb) was such a blessing and joy. You made my life easier and so much more cheerful (well, 9 out of 10 times you did... sometimes you really just drove me up the effing wall). I love watching you get ancy the closer and closer we arrived to the due date. Then the day came that he decided he wanted to be born and I remember trying to just stay focused on you and your face. I wanted to remember what your face looked like the exact minute our son was born. That smile was even better than the smile you gave me on our wedding day, it is a smile I will never forget. You knew exactly what to do and you have been so hands on since day one. You (try) to never skip a beat and  you are always there when I need you. And you take the night shift... if I don't love you for anything else, I love you for that!!! Thank you for letting me sleep all night long since day one. You deserve a trophy for that!!!


You are my biggest cheerleader, regardless of what I am doing. When I decided to take on a project and volunteer you without your knowledge, you are always game for whatever it is. You trust my creative mind even when you think it is a bit whacky. You support me through my weight loss, reminding me to go to the gym, not tempting me with fast food or going out to eat, and you make sure that I know you love me no matter my size. Thank you for always being there for me to lean on, I really don't know if I could accomplish all I do if you were there to support me and cheer me on.


This year hasn't been all roses and perfection, we actually had the biggest fight we have ever had in the past 4 years of being together. Without going into details, I am so happy that we were able to sit down and really work that out. I really believe that going to marriage counseling for a year before we were married, helped give us the tools to communicate and work through that fight instead of giving up and leaving. Even if you did break the F to my wreath... haha! I love you!
Oh and don't forget, this year was the year we got a dog. HAHAHA! Yeah I know, it didn't last long. Maybe it would have lasted longer if he liked chewing your stuff up instead of mine... but he had to go after he chewed up my favorite pair of shoes your mom bought me! Regardless of how long we had him, we had him and now you can never say that we have never had a dog together.

Lastly, thank you for buying us a house!!! We are homeowners!! Oh btw, I just paid our first mortgage payment. The house has been a stress that we have carried for awhile but we worked together on our credit scores and finally we were able to bit the bullet and purchase our own house!! Don't even get me started on the stress of getting the house ready to move in. I promise you, I will never make you paint trim and baseboards ever again.... now painting rooms and building stuff, I cant make those promises, but I do promise it will be a while before I want to do it again!!! I cant wait to move into our house in a few weeks and start making new memories together as a family.



To end this letter, Casey Joe Flowers I love you so much. You annoy me, you drive me crazy, you are forgetful and you are almost always late to everything... but you are also so loving, you look at me like I am the only woman in the room, you make me laugh harder than anyone ever has, you are the best kisser, when you hold me everything is right in the world, you put up with my crazy ass, you love me through my hulk moments, and you are the best person to parent with. Thank you for being you, thank you for marrying me, thank you for loving me and here is to the next year of our lives together as Mr. and Mrs. Flowers!!


I love you!!!


Love,
Your Little Duck
P.S. Now go get ready to take me to dinner so we aren't late!!!


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment