Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday Blog!!!

First weekend on the new program and I am pretty proud of myself. I wasn't tempted to eat out and I made it to the gym on a Saturday for the first time in a long time. It was also my first time to ever decrease my macros based on a non-training day. I usually keep my macros the same no matter what but with this program, Jessie suggest to lower your carbs by 25% on rest days and since Sunday is my rest day... I did just that. 

Yes, I ate perfectly this weekend BUT I didn't drink perfectly. I am really good at drinking diet coke on the weekends and forgetting to drink my water. The first step to overcoming a problem is to admit you have a problem, right? Well, Hi my name is Jordan and I love diet coke (from Sonic). 

I also LOVE food. But now that I have found macros, my life has been changing. Below are a couple meals I would have never really thought I could eat when I was losing weight... I mean, cake for breakfast?! I would have laughed in your face if you told me I could eat cake for breakfast and build muscle and lose inches. But here I am eating cake and doing just that. 


First thing first... go HERE and buy some samples!!!! They are inexpensive and arrive very quickly. I have noticed the prices for the full months worth of protein is a bit cheaper on Amazon but they don't have all the flavors... YET! 



This is probably the best cake I have made yet! The yogurt I bought was Salted Caramel and was one of those that had stuff you flip in and mix to eat. I used that stuff as the toppings along with some fat free cool whip. 

46 grams egg whites, 40 grams milk, 26 grams Kodiak pancake mix, 1 serving of protein (I used Snickerdoodle here) and 70 grams of yogurt. Mix together in a glass cup.jar and microwave for 2 minutes. 

This is the same as above BUT it is Peanut Butter Cup protein, banana yogurt and topped with chocolate chip Buff Bake spread. 

Really the possibilities are endless!!! Casey made a strawberry shortcake one today but he HATES when I make him wait to eat his food so I can snap a photo... haha! 


Dinner Saturday night was 4 poached eggs in spaghetti sauce on a bed of brown rice and 4 oz of chicken (I needed more protein) topped with a serving of parmesan cheese. 


Another fave I figured out since being a Jessie's Girl is that you can use rice cakes as pizza crust!!! Heat oven to 400 and bake for 10 minutes. I topped mine with no salt added pizza sauce, 2 servings of mozzarella cheese and 4.5 oz of chicken.

Since I am not weighing until the end of the month, I decided to take weekly photos to help keep me on track. A few things about my start photos. They were taken on last Sunday NIGHT after a weekend of off track eating (read more HERE). I was very bloated and actually disgusted by them when I first saw them. I wanted to cry. But I didn't. That is where I was starting and no matter how much I hated seeing it, its the truth and that is what I am about. If you binge eat all weekend long you will be more bloated and feel gross... plain and simple as that! If you are a person who can binge eat and look just as small as you did before you binge ate, you are a unicorn in my book!! I look at food and get bloated. Haha! 

This is one week of progress. I am really excited to see where I will be at the end of June when I finish this program!!  

I plan on taking weekly Sunday photos and comparing them to the 1st week. I will try and stay on top of posting them for you guys... and for myself. 

Lets end this blog with something that really pissed me off but I decided to just laugh it off instead. I received a letter from The YMCA since I switched gyms. It was nice and friendly then one line really struck me wrong... next time you set out to lose weight, feel better or relieve stress.... Like I gave up on myself and on losing weight. Just because I am no longer at your gym doesn't mean I am not losing weight, feeling better, or relieving stress. 

I am chalking up to a simple mis-write and trying to not think anymore about it. But geez louise... between this and the other thing (read more HERE), they need to teach their employees how to write and talk to people!!! 


Happy Sunday Night Y'all!!! I cant wait to start the next week of the program tomorrow morning... LEG DAY!!!! 

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment