Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dax is ONE!!!


As you all know, my goal of wearing a bikini at Dax's first birthday party became a reality for me this past weekend! I felt so confident and excited to be able to walk around my house and pool in my bikini. The party was hectic though so I didn't get much swim time but you better believe I had that bikini on the entire party...
 

Dax had such a great Uno Fiesta! Thank you to all of our friends and family who made him a priority in their lives and came out to spend the day with us. I know some of you had to juggle a few things that day and I am so happy and honored that you were able to make time to come celebrate with us!
 

I was really nervous how Dax would do with a metal baseball bat and a piñata but there is a reason we call him Dynamite Dax. He was in LOVE with beating that thing open. Kind of scared me how much he loved it... oh Dynamite Dax, I love you kiddo!
 

When it was time for cake and candles, he wasn't shy! Actually this kid DUG in... the picture doesn't even do the mess justice! He had THREE cupcakes (2 blue and 1 red) and a little bowl of ice cream. His sugar high lasted for about 2 hours and then he crashed HARD!!
 

This kid, he melts my heart every time I look at him. His baby blues and those curls... he is everything I prayed he would be and more. Happy Birthday buddy!
 

After the party was over, my nephew Tristan stayed with us. He actually came Friday night before the party and will leave Friday morning. Him and Caleb are just a like and even look kind of alike. I have been asked a couple of times now "how old are your twins?". Tristan doesn't have any brothers so he is pretending Caleb is his "bro" it is adorable. The bickering just started yesterday and it is a tad bit annoying but to hear them laugh and have little conversations makes it all worth it.
 

Yesterday morning was Dax's actual 1st birthday! He slept in and when he woke up he went right for his birthday present. This little ride on toy has a little radio and Dax LOVES to dance. He sits there, turns on the radio and just dances... he wont actually ride it just yet.
 

Then we celebrated with donuts!! The boys both had 1 donut while Dax put away TWO!!! I think it is safe to say he got my love for sweets. Sorry kid!
 

Then we headed over to Bicentennial Park in Southlake. Let me just say this, if you are ever in Southlake, Texas and  you have your kids with you... GO TO THIS PARK!!!! It was hands down the best park I have ever been too and all of the kids LOVED it. I even caught Casey acting like a kid again on some of the toys.
 

We then stopped in at Uncle Julios in Grapevine, Texas and had lunch. We picked this place for the chocolate piñata! Best $20 dessert we have ever ordered and there wasn't much left after we all attacked it. Inside is churros and fruit and then you use the dipping sauces on the side. The whipped cream alone was amazing!!
 

We have had a BLAST celebrating little Daxy, Dax-a-roni, Daximus, Dynamite Dax, Dax Marshall!!! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and to be surrounded by 3 loving guys. Happy First Birthday little guy, Momma LOVES you!!!






signature

No comments:

Post a Comment