Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Summer = Sweet Tooth!


I am so thankful it is FINALLY summer time. This is my favorite time of the year, I love having the hot sun beaming down on me, swimming in the pool (and this year we own our own pool) and making memories with my boys!!

Even though summer is here, it isn't an excuse for me to start slacking. I will say, I have slacked a lot more than I would like to admit. I had a heart to heart with Casey and told him I need for him to help me stay on track... then last night he got home (a few hours early, holler) and asked me if I wanted him to run to Taco Bueno for a late night "snack". Geez Casey, way to help me stay accountable!

Don't worry, I passed up his offer and went to bed instead!
 

Summer = sweet tooth! Especially for ice cream... you scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream! Luckily I found this amazing sweet treat that has been my go to snack whenever I want to binge eat Bluebell or Ben & Jerry's. Nothing better than a chocolate chip rice cake with some peanut butter on it. Now if the Kroger by my house would start stocking up on Halo Ice cream, life would be GREAT!
 

This is my first summer to be working part-time and so far I am really enjoying it... however ask me again in a few weeks/month. The afternoons, after Casey goes to work, Caleb and I have decided that will be our time to get some energy out. He bought himself a brand new bike and he is addicted to riding it. Yesterday we ended up walking to the park and back and it took us 45 minutes. When we got home, Caleb said "we need to download an app that shows us how far we go each day!"
 

I am proud of how excited he gets when we are getting active. He loves "working out" and breaking a sweat. He is always stopping to ask me to feel his muscles and when I am slacking, he is there to cheer me on to go faster and harder. It is crazy to think his love of fitness is because I decided to get healthy when he was a baby. I couldn't be more proud of the example I set for him! Hopefully Dax will pick up on this love for fitness too!


Speaking of Dax... You guys, he turns one in exactly a week!!! O-N-E!!!! Maybe I will boycott the 14th?! Haha!!! Seriously though, where did the time go? I am dreading him growing up but I am excited to celebrate his Uno Fiesta birthday this Saturday. Dax Marshall, you are my rainbow baby, you are my stick of dynamite, you are my sour patch kid, you are my little buddy (even if you refuse to say "momma") and I love you more than you will ever be able to comprehend. I couldn't imagine our lives without you!!!

signature

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Artic Zero ice cream? Personally I think it is better than Halo Top! Sooo yummy, the Mint chocolate chip is my new guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Artic Zero (but I haven't tried Halo Top either)! I love the brownie one (and so do my kids)

    ReplyDelete