Tuesday, June 21, 2016

To cut or not to cut...


Today is day 2 of #TransformYou by Ashley Horner. It is going good so far, but to be honest it is a LOT of work. The workouts are full body workouts instead of breaking them down by muscle groups each day. I have upped my workouts from an hour to an hour and half. I am trying to lean out some and so that means I am doing more cardio... cardio = sprints! I love to hate them BUT they work!!


Food wise, I have been doing good. Not GREAT but good. I have been logging and hitting my macros the best I can. Ashley provides a menu for you when you buy the program. I have been trying to figure out how to use her menu and make it fit my macros. I am hoping in week 2 I will have a better handle on it all. In the meantime, I will keep pushing forward and eating... after all, food helps grow muscles!!!
 

Now, lets talk about my hair... It is SO thick and this is the longest I have ever had it. I love it being long and healthy BUT it is hot outside and it is a bia to wash, dry and straighten. Granted, I only wash it every 4-5 days, but still... I am debating on cutting it.

My hair is naturally curly, so when I do dry it with a blow dryer, I have a huge fro! It is intense and very comical to say the least. Drying this hair gets hot and I have to take breaks. Then when I straighten in, it usually takes 30-45 minutes and I have to do it in sections and I still don't get it all straight. If it was shorter I could cut down the time for sure...

The reason I don't want to cut it, PONY TAILS!!! When we swim, I can just throw it in a pony. When I work out, I can just throw it in a pony. When it is dirty and I don't feel like washing it, I can throw it in a pony. But it is also a con because I feel like my hair is always in a pony!!!

Speaking of swimming. I washed my hair on Sunday night, Caleb asked if I could swim with him yesterday afternoon and I turned him down because I didn't want to get my hair wet. HAHAHA!!! I promised him I would swim with him Wednesday because by Wednesday I will need to wash my hair again on Thursday so it will work out perfectly. Poor kid!!!

So I am left with the question... do I cut it or not?! What would you do?!


signature

1 comment:

  1. I am 59 years old now, and when I was in my teens until late 20's I had very long hair....to my hips. And it was thick. I was getting a lot of headaches and the doctor at the time told me to cut my hair. Finally I decided that I should, and did...and guess what? The headaches went away and although I still get a headache now and then they are nothing compared to what they were back then! My hair is shoulder length and I love it. Trust me, you will feel a lot better if you cut it, but you have to decide this for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete