Friday, March 25, 2011

Haterade

By now you all know that I gained 3.2 pounds this past Wednesday. Yes, I am devastated. Yes, I am embarrassed. Yes, I feel horrible because the “playing” wasn’t worth what I paid.  In 5 months, I haven’t gained not even one ounce and then to step on the scale and see 3.2 gain… wow! I know that I have a lot of people following my journey who are inspired by what I have done. I have been complimented so many times and it is very kind of you all; but for every 5 supportive people, it seems like I have one hater who gets excited to see me fail. Well this is a letter to my haters…
________________________________________________________________________
Dear Haters,
                Please know 1st and foremost that I am, well… AWESOME! You see your obsession with my weight loss, makes it just that much more worthwhile. You sit there and get joy out of my gain, you smile when I fail, and you love to hear about my weak moments. But what you don’t know is that my motivation grows stronger when joy fills your heart when I gain. That my confidence in myself fills back up when you smile at my failures. And that my love for my healthy life grows deeper and deeper when your love fills your heart to hear about my weak moments. So this is a letter to tell you thank you for being my biggest cheerleaders. I love having inspiring, motivational, uplifting, and determined people in my life to push me when I feel like I am getting stuck. But what you don’t know is that when I am really stuck it’s not those people who pull me out… it’s you, my haters! Go ahead and pour yourself another glass of Haterade and I will keep being AWESOME!
Love ya,
Jordan

1 comment: