Friday, March 18, 2011

Sisterly Love

In my family, I have always stuck out like a sore thumb. I have 2 sisters, Valerie (Val) is older than me by almost 3 years and Amanda who is younger than be my almost 3 years. The fun of growing up with sisters is that you are able to share your clothes and shoes!!! Well for me that wasnt the case, but for Val and Amanda that was true. Both my sisters are right around average height for a female, Val being just a little shorter than Amanda. They both wear the average size shoe, the average size tops, and the average size dresses. Many times I have had to witness the famous "oh that is cute, can I borrow that?" converstation take place, and never have I been able to be a part of it. You see, I am 5'10 and I have always been thicker and heavier. Even when Val had gained weight, I was still bigger than her. I made my peace along time ago with the fact that I would probably never be able to borrow anything from either of their closets. When pigs fly, I always told myself... when pigs fly!

It took me 25.5 years and losing 100 pounds but damnit, I made those pigs fly!!!! I was over at Val's house sitting on her bed watching her get ready to go out, while I stayed with my nieces. She hung her outfit on the bathroom door, like she always does, and I complimented her on her top, like I always do, and she thanked me. That right there my friends is where the conversations ALWAYS ends. This time though, it continued... Val spoke the words I had been waiting  to hear for so long "Try it on! If it fits you, you can borrow it after I wear it tonight!"... I was stunned! Was I just invited into the "sister hood of the borrowing clothes"?! It doesnt stop there, she goes into her closet and starts taking tops down saying, "Try this one"... "Do you like this"... "I think this would be cute"... I ended up borrowing a purple top, which reminds me I need to return it.

Throughout my weight loss journey, I have collected "Trophies" along the way...
1. The 1st guy to hit on me Trophy
2. The being under 200 Trophy
3. The omg I just ran 3.1 miles & the omg I just ran 6.2 miles Trophies
4. The my parents just crapped their pants when they saw my weight loss Trophy
5. The I bought a small instead of an extra large Trophy
6. The I shopped in the Junior section Trophy
AND NOW... the trophy I have been waiting for and never thought I would ever see....
7. The I borrowed clothes from my sister Trophy!!!!

I love my sisters!
(Me, Amanda & Val - We have so many pictures were Val and Amanda are right next to each other and I am standing off to the side posing just like this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment