Thursday, March 31, 2011

Excuses, Excuses!

People ask me ALL the time how I lost my weight and if I have any tips to help them lose weight. I am more than happy to tell them my secret, hard work. Most people then turn around and give me an excuse to why they can't put forth the effort it takes to get the results they want. I have heard almost every excuse in the book and so I have put together this list of some of my favorite excuses and what my response back is...

ExcuseWhat I say back
I don’t have time to go to the gymMake time! If there is a will, there is a way!
I don’t have the money for a gym membershipIts $20-$40 a month, cut out a splurge (smoking, eating out, drinking, shopping, etc) and you will be able to afford a membership. Or use nature, or a workout DVD.
I am a single mother and work full time.And your excuse is…?
I just have to much weight to lose…Umm okay, so go to the gym and start losing it!
I don’t know how to use any of the machineTalk to a trainer, they are there to help you. Most gyms even give you one free mini sessions.
I am going to start on MondayWhy wait? Do it now, you never know what tomorrow may bring.
I have a hurt kneeGo to Wal-Mart, get a brace, and go to the gym and do low impact exercises. Most gyms even have pools you can use.
People will stare at me if I go to the gym and workout because I am overweight I promise you this, people at the gym are NOT worried about you. They are so consumed with their workout they probably don’t even see you. And if they do see you, they might think "Wow look at that person coming in here and wanting to lose weight, I could've never done that when I was bigger."
I am to oldLife isn't over til its over, why not go and add more years to your life?!
I don’t have any friends to workout withGo to the gym and make new friends… That’s how I met Ashley, Berns, Lo, and all my Sweat Sisters that train with Lo!
*This one is personal and may upset someone close to me but its an excuse that I am tired of hearing* ---- I am a cancer survivor and don’t have the energy to workoutEven more of a reason TO workout. Start out slow and build back up your endurance.
I am already skinny, I don’t need to workout.Just because you are skinny doesn’t mean you are healthy or in shape. Come take a run with me and then you will change your mind!
I feel guilty leaving my child in the kids club for an hour or two because they were in daycare all day. I promise you, your child wont remember it and actually they might have fun. Plus the more you workout, the healthier you become, the healthier you are, the more years you add to your life. That means you are trading an hour a day to live longer to be in their lives longer.
I get bored at the gymTry a new workout program, a class, change your music on your iPod, watch TV while you workout… Do not let boredom win!
I just don’t like working out Well you know what, I don’t like going to work every day but I know that it will make my future better for me and Caleb so I go. Same with the gym…

REMEBER this famous quote (pardon my french):
"Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink!"

2 comments:

  1. Really?????????? I know you love your family and friends but how in the world can you take such an opinionated stand? I realize you are young but you have no idea what you are talking about. A portion of this is very obviously a direct attack on your mother and you are way out of line. We each have our own struggles and until you experience some things for yourself then you should keep your mouth shut! I for one and extremely tired of your attitude that makes you think you can say anything you want at any time to any body. I have tolerated it in silence for many years and until you can learn some tolerance and manners then please keep it away from me and your mother. Now,in light of the fact that you say that you do not care what anybody says or thinks, do you have the guts to leave this comment for all to read? I bet not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No attack, just tired of excuses from everyone. There is a race called Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and women who have just completed Chemo and women who are still in the process or about to start it, run/walk this race all the time. This blog is not about struggles, its about excuses.

    ReplyDelete