Monday, November 19, 2012

Back on track with H2O

Yesterday, I was excellent with my eating and my drinking water. The scale was proof of it this morning when I weighed myself. I was back down to what I was BEFORE my Friday binge day (ugh), plus down another 1/2 pound. I am also back on the right track today, have been drinking tons of water and have stayed away from the dreaded DC3.

Lets talk about water for a second, shall we?! I really never thought that drinking water would help you lose weight, I mean the more water you have in your belly the heavier you are... right? Wrong! Water is SO important when trying to lose weight. It helps keep you full throughout the day, so you stay away from snacking and eating those fatty foods (where as sodas leave you craving the sugar rush). It helps flush out your system by breaking up the food and making it easier for you to pass in the bathroom. Plus on top of that it is also really good for your skin and hair. I have never really been that BIG on drinking water, but over the past week and half, I have really learned to just deal with it and make sure I get my intake quota met every day. I would have to say, it is one big factor in why I have been so successful this time around.

Are you wondering what your intake quota of water is? My doctor told me it is plain and simple, you take your weight and divide that by 2. So a 100 pound person should be drinking at least 50 ounces of water a day. That doesn't include soda, coffee, tea, etc... that is plain and simple water. If you don't want to give up your sodas (or other drink) maybe do what my trainer does, Lo usually meets her quota and then has a diet coke later on in the day.

Challenge: Try going a whole day and making sure your quota is meet! Then go another, and another, and another....

No comments:

Post a Comment