Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Good vs. Bad

Good vs. Bad is something we deal with everyday of our lives, the choices you make, the choices others around you are making, the food you eat, the things you drink, the people you have in your life... the list could go on and on. It is very simple, choose the Good and you will do fine. Heck, if only it were that easy. Nowadays, the Bad looks so Good and is usually so much easier and takes less time. I have been there before plenty of times, McDonald's drive thru takes a total of maybe 5 minutes and me going home to cook dinner would take way more time then that plus I have to clean up when I am done. But, that is how I became overweight in the 1st place... choosing the Bad over the Good almost always. In my journey the past couple years, I have begin putting the Good before the Bad, which is how I lost my weight. There are times that I choose the Bad, but then I pay for it later (on the scale or in my clothes).

We all have a choice, the only thing stopping you from losing weight is... well... yourself! One of the things I have given up the past couple of days (making a Good choice) is carbohydrates. Well, just like in life, Carbohydrates (carbs) have a Good side and a Bad side. I have searched the Internet high and low and found a couple of pictures that help break this down a bit more (see below). The way I see it, a Good carb is a whole wheat (according to the portion size, anything out of moderation becomes Bad) and vegetables. A Bad carb is well anything else... white bread, white pasta, desserts, flour, etc.

If you make yourself more aware of the Good and Bad on everything you eat and drink and then chose the Good, you will start to see results. You will start to see the number on the scale go down, you will start to feel better and have more energy, and you will start to feel your clothes fitting better (or even falling off).

We all have a choice, what choice will you make?



No comments:

Post a Comment