Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Camp Gladiator

This morning I went to my 2nd CG workout. Monday it was raining so we were inside the gym for our workout. Today, however, it was NOT raining and we were outside. It was a whopping 47 degrees when I got out of my car and I don’t even know what the wind chill was…If I had to guess it was like in the 20’s!! One thing you should know about me, I hate the cold! I was FREEZING! Not to mention my sweater was in my car but it had just  been cleaned out the night before so I had nothing to put on over my long sleeve shirt… ugh! I did get a good workout in and was pooped at the end of the hour, but boy oh boy was I cold!!! Friday I am going to dress in TONS of layers… no doubt!!!


I really like how this boot camp is set up and how friendly everyone is… even though it is 5am! (They do have other boot camps throughout the day so if you are not a morning person, you can pick another time).  Today’s workout was set up in stations and we rotated through everything twice. With having a reconstructive knee, I have to modify a lot of the workouts but the trainer is wonderful at finding workouts that still challenge me.

Example of what we did today:
Station 1 – Mountain Climbers, Pushups, Planks on hands to elbows and back up, Shoulder taps
Station 2- Star Jumps, Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Drummer Kicks
Stations 3 – Sprints, Back pedals, Side Shuffles, Lunges
Station 4 – Weighed Lunges, Weighted Squats, Deadlifts, Little Man Jacks

I will be honest, as I was doing the warm up lap (that really didn’t get me warm) the cold was making me want to quit and go home. I kept telling myself, “Just get through today and you will never have to come back. You can go back to the gym where it is nice and cozy.” It is funny though, after I left I was pumped to return on Friday. I will just know better to wear more layers! After all, this is a 4 week boot camp, I can do this!

CG Strong… ALL DAY LONG!!!

P.S. Elsa, the cold does bother me anyways!

signature

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly! I think you might be sore tomorrow!!!! Way to push yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete