Saturday, November 7, 2015

New Recipe & Periscope

Yesterday I decided to try out Periscope and post a video of me cooking Cauliflower Fried Rice (which autocorrect changed to 'Collie Flower' haha). It was very awkward at first but turned out to be fun after all was said and done. I prepared everything in advance and had it all ready to show you how to put it together... lets just say I felt like I had my own cooking show! 


I think I will be posting more videos about fitness and my meals to Periscope the next few weeks to see how it goes... if you want to follow me, my user name is Fitbyjordan822. If you aren't able to catch it live, I believe that the video sticks around for 24 hours, could be longer but I am not 100% sure. Hey I am new to all of this... 

Now on to the recipe I promised... Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice!!

I cut the cauliflower off the head and put it in the food processor. Then I heat the sunflower oil up and start cooking the onions. Once those are cooked, I add in the "rice" from the food processor and toss it around a few times. Then I add the peas and carrot mixture, the soy sauce and the green onions. In the mean time, I cook the egg whites in a separate pan and when they are done cooking, I throw them into the rice mixture. 


Tip - I don't add my chicken into the meal until I have it all evenly dished out in containers. This way I make sure to get exactly 4 oz of chicken in each serving! 

I said this serves 6, so I pulled out 6 containers and a 1/2 cup measuring cup and started to evenly dish out the servings. It comes out to be around 3/4 cup of the mixture and then you add the 4 oz of chicken. It was SO yummy and my husband agreed. He was very hungry when it was time to eat and said it filled him up and that he didn't need seconds... win win! 


 I hope you enjoy!!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment