Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Edition!!!

Happy November 1st and Happy Sunday!!! I usually don't blog on Sunday's but I had some extra time tonight so I figured, what the heck... Here we go!!

Dax was a big boy and sat in the shopping cart for the 1st time ever yesterday while we did our weekly grocery shopping. Doesn't he look thrilled? Okay to be honest, I love spending time with my husband and with my children, but I also love going grocery shopping alone... Clearly from the picture you can tell that this weeks shopping trip was a family event. FUN (insert sarcasm here)!!! I have a list and never stray from the list... I am a budget Betty and always price check and nutrition check everything I buy... my husband, not so much! He will stray from the list and pick up anything and everything just because he wants it. For example... in this picture, he is picking out yogurt that cost $1.28 for 1 serving!!! What the hell?! Hello, get the $0.52 yogurt, we are on a budget sir!!!


Below are the nutrition facts and the ingredients I used to make a Creamy Chicken Chili... oh my gosh it is so yummy! I just threw everything in the crock pot (except for the chicken) and cooked on high for 4 hours. Then I dished it evenly out into 12 containers then added 4 oz. of chicken to each container. This is a perfect warm meal to eat and it is family friendly! Casey and Caleb added cheese to theirs and I ended up adding cauliflower rice to mine. Which by the way, my cauliflower rice turned out amazing... 



The teaching continues... for the past 4 years I have been teaching this man to cook. When I met him, all he could cook was fast food. Seriously he ate out for almost every meal... Now he can cook a couple of dishes and is learning more each month. Proud of him!!


 Introducing my cauliflower rice... YUM!!! I put the cauliflower in my food processor and grated it up really fine. Then I sauteed some onions (that Casey chopped up for me) in some water and then added the cauliflower rice after the onions were cooked. I let it cook for about 5 minutes, tossed it and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Added some pepper and it was done!!! I eat 1 cup of this for 25 calories, 0.1 grams of fat, 5.3 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of protein!!


This morning is weigh day, remember I weigh every Thursday and Sunday to just make sure I am on track. Well on Thursday the scale hadn't changed at all and I was kind of bummed. I mean I was happy I hadn't gained but I didn't lose either so... But I pushed on and kept doing what I was doing because I know I am losing inches. Then today when I woke up, I weighed and realized I was down 2.6 pounds from last Sunday!! Yay!!! Maybe I will hit my goal of being in the 220's by the end of the Skinny Jean Challenge after all... (November 11)!


Isn't this little football so cute?! Even though my Cowboys lost and my heart is broken... I still love me some football! And I am glad to report Dax loves it too. He will sit there with his eyes glued to the TV while it is on. 


Lastly, I am in a 12 week holiday challenge that Skinny Meg is hosting and each week they have mandatory challenges. So far we have done a mile challenge, a wall sit challenge and this week is a push-up challenge. We had to log as many push-ups between Friday and Sunday. I decided to set the bar high and do 100 before Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day for a total of 900 push-ups this weekend!! Pretty dang proud of myself for doing this, even if Casey thought I was crazy for doing push-ups before I would touch my meals... Haha! 
#IAmSore


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend... Lets go and make November GREAT!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment