Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to the basics

Today I train for my 1st time since, ummm, forever! I hurt my knee in January and had surgery in April, so I think the last time I trained was early January or late December. I have to admit, I am VERY nervous. I am nervous that Lo will be disappointed in me for my weight, for my measurements, for my ability to perform. I know I am disappointed in myself for all those things. I have to keep reminding myself, I am not 265 anymore. I am below 200. It takes a year or so to recovery from a major surgery (which I had). I need to just go in with an open mind and as a "new" person who is having learn how to workout. Because basically that is what I am having to do.

No more jumping, no more lunges, no more squats, no more walking inclines (for now), and no more running... Those are all things I hated anyways but those are all things that I know get the job done. It will be a whole new world tonight and as excited as I am for that, I am also very nervous and scared of change. I find it kind of funny that I am not really scared of the physical, its all the mental side. I have always known how to lose the weight but I have never been able to fully change the mental part... maybe this is Gods way of helping me to that. I have goals and I know if I want to meet those goals, Lo is the woman to help me do that. Wish me luck (mentally and physically) and please say a prayer for me tonight around 5...

No comments:

Post a Comment