Sunday, July 15, 2012

Planning is fun for all (well maybe not all)...

I am a planner. I love to plan my day, my meals, my clothes, Caleb's life, Casey's life, our dates... you name it, I love to plan it. Casey on the other hand, he is a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy. I think this really makes our relationship "fun". When talking about weight loss, I told him that if he really was serious he needed to start having more of a plan. To my surprise, he listened and agreed. They talked at church about listening and responding, it made me think of this.

We planned out his meals for the whole week and today we went shopping. When we got home we went ahead and made breakfast, snacks, lunch, more snacks and dinners to last him a total of 6 days! The total of his grocery bill was $65.03 that is a total of $2.17 a meal. His meal plan is listed below...

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs & 2 pieces of turkey sausage
Snack: Nuts and Yogurt
Lunch: Pork Chop, Brown rice, Black Beans, and steamed veggies
Snack: Fruit (varies every day)
Dinner: Baked Fish, steamed veggies and beans (if he wants them)

I have to say, it was pretty fun being able to shop with him and even more fun being able to come home and cook with him. Everything is all ready and bagged out for each day so he can just take it and go. Cant wait to see how much weight he loses next week... Gotta go, he is ready to head out to the gym! Man I love having him on board with me, makes my life easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment